Where To Go

The Marriage License Bureau is located at 201 Clark Ave. You can reach them at (702) 671-0600.

Marriage License Requirements

According to the Marriage License Bureau, applicants must:

Each be at least 18 years old and must have proof of age 

Not be nearer of kin than second cousins or cousins of half blood 

Not have a husband or wife living

Proof of Age

Applicants may be required to prove their age. Without acceptable identification, you may be refused a marriage license. (Faxed, damaged or photocopies of identification are not accepted. Privately issued ID and check cashing cards are also unacceptable.)

Divorced Applicants

You will need to know the month, day, year, city and state of your divorce. The divorce must be final and filed with the courts in the state or country granted. You are not required to bring the divorce decree.

Minor applicants, ages 16 or 17 (not yet age 18)

A minor who wishes to marry must have consent of one parent or legal guardian. Minors will need an original or certified copy of their birth certificate, which lists the name of the consenting parent. A parent or guardian should be present and is required to have acceptable identification to prove they are the parent on the birth certificate or the legal guardian on the guardianship order. If it is not possible for the parent or guardian to be present, an original, notarized statement in English must be presented with the certified copy of the birth certificate or a certified copy of the guardianship order at the time of the issuance of the marriage license. The notarized statement should contain the parent or legal guardian's full name, relationship to the minor, minor's full name, birth date and the statement that the parent or legal guardian gives consent for the minor to marry.

A person less than 16 years of age may marry only if either a parent or legal guardian petitions the Nevada State Court. Applicants should contact an attorney to prepare the documents.

Social Security Number

Social Security Numbers are required on marriage licenses. You have to know your Social Security Number before you will be issued a marriage license. It is recognized that Non U.S. citizens will not have a Social Security Number.


Non U.S. Citizens

It is suggested that you check with local officials from your home country for special documents that may be needed to ensure that your marriage will be recognized in your country. Some countries may require a certified copy of your marriage certificate and an Apostille from the Nevada Secretary of State to finalize the marriage in your country.


Driver's license or state-issued ID card 

Original or certified copy of birth certificate 

Foreign birth certificate must be translated into English and notarized 


Military identification 

Resident alien card

All documents presented must be translated into English.

License Fees & Blood Test

The fee for a marriage license is $55 cash. Correct change is appreciated. 

There is NO blood test and NO waiting period after a license is issued.

Marriage Ceremonies

Have you opened a new location, redesigned your shop, or added a new product or service? Don't keep it to yourself, let folks know.

Civil Ceremonies

Civil marriage ceremonies can be performed in the Commission office which is located at 201 Clark Ave. The hours of of operation are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily including weekends and holidays. For more information, call the Office of Civil Marriages at (702) 671-0600. There is a $55 fee to perform a civil ceremony and exact change is required.

Renewing Your Wedding Vows

Bring your marriage certificate when you are renewing your vows in Nevada. The Marriage License Bureau is prohibited from issuing a new marriage license to couples that are currently married in another state or country.